Thursday, November 25, 2010

Oh Martha

It is Thanksgiving, and I am thankful I am a part of an international community, and even an international household. In this house, we celebrate thanksgiving with style, and I am just about to make New England Cranberry Duff. That is, if I can get out of the couch... we had a huge meal at the base and I might just have eaten a little too much. 

Tonight we have a dessert party, and this is the menu:

- The Cranberry Duff (Note: Cranberries look great fresh! I had only seen them as craisins before, and this was a whole other story.)

Mine looked almost like this... 





















- Red Wine Pear Crisp with Spiced Streusel (Ask Lyndee for this recipe!)
- Apple cranberry mulled cider (a German drink, also one from Lyndees repertoire)
- And Starbucks coffee of course.

I will not go hungry to bed tonight, and can conclude that November (like October) is the month to party. Coming up: December, holiday decorations and many more parties to come! 

Thank you Martha Stewart, for delicious recipes
Thank you Meny for fresh cranberries imported from America
Thank you Lyndee for being American 
Thank you to all my other lovely American friends for being a part of my life

... and so many other things to be thankful for! I will write my November newsletter one of these days, and I promise it will include more of my thankfulness. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...