Saturday, May 31, 2014

Spelt rhubarb muffins


Last week we were over for dinner at a friends house, and as I looked around the garden I suddenly exclaimed "Rhubarb!". The host acknowledged my enthusiasm, and kindly offered me some to take home. Rhubarb is such a lovely summer fruit (?) and I have fond memories of rhubarb desserts from when I was a kid.

This time I really wanted to make muffins, and wanted to try a recipe with spelt flour for the first time. This recipe is a mix of two other ones I found online, and it worked out alright. I would maybe add some more sugar to offset the tartness of the rhubarb, depending on your taste.

RHUBARB MUFFINS

500 grams spelt flour
1 dl sugar
2,5 ts baking powder
2 ts cardamon
2 eggs
6 ss olive oil
2 dl sour cream (you can also use yogurt)
2 dl water
3 - 4 dl rhubarb

Rinse and cut the rhubarb in small pieces.
Mix all the dry ingredients.
Mix the wet ingredients separately.
Fold the rhubarb into the batter.

Fill muffin forms 3/4 full and cook at 200 C for 20-25 minutes

PS. You can by the rhubarb print here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...