Sunday, May 12, 2013

Salted Caramel Popcorn

I have to admit, I am addicted to Project Runway. The clothes, creativity, characters and drama make it a highly entertaining reality show contest for a DIY- lover like me. My friend Jae might be a notch more into it than me though. Lets just say that if someone were about to cry about contestants that might have to leave the show, it wouldn´t be me.

Every Friday night PR marathon needs a good snack, and this weekend, Jae had brought all sorts of ingredients and recipes she wanted to try out. I am not a fan of peanut butter in everything, but her suggestion of something caramelly struck my fancy.

Caramel popcorn it was, and this sweet and salty treat was just perfect. I had only had it once before, in a small town in Iowa, made by an older man in my friends neighborhood. Ever since that day, many years ago, I have occasionally dreamt of recreating it, and finally the day came. It wasn´t hard either, so you should give it a go.



Salted Caramel Popcorn


Popcorn
Pop about 1/2 cup of popcorn with oil/butter and lots (1-2 teaspoons) of salt.
Remove unpopped kernels and lay it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.

Make caramel: 
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup 
1/4 cup water

Let the ingredients simmer in a pan until the color is a golden ember. 
Remove from the stove and add 50 grams of butter and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. 

Pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix well. Let it cool for a minute and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks I believe I made another great batch, hopefully all the others will think so too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...