Sunday, March 18, 2012

ReStyle Sunday: Permanent table cloth

I am trying to bring ReStyle Sunday back. Did anyone beside me miss this weekly feature? I dont know why I stopped. Perhaps my last project, the reupholstered chair, was a feat too hard to surpass, or maybe I had subconsciously limited the project to 2011. Anyhow, I will try to focus a little more on my creative sides, and documenting it here. 

This week´s project has been on my mind for quite a long time, but I was waiting for warmer weather.


Take one tired looking side table (bonus: storage inside!)


Pin a doily to the top and go crazy with spray paint! I used a whole can, is that normal? I am a newbie in this spray can business, and I find it a lot harder than I originally thought it would be. 


The many imperfections were more visible after painting, but all in all, I like at lot more like this:


I put it in the guest/craft room, which slowly is becoming what I want it too. Some key words are bright and cheery colors and vintage fabric. Here is a little sneak peek of the bed. And I promise to show the rest, it just needs some more work first.


2 comments:

  1. dette er veldig gøy! Eg har gjort det sjølv på nokre nattbord, berre at eg to to strøk, slik at det vart to forskjellige fargar:)

    Det vart eit veldig søtt kaktus-bord, hihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk takk! Ja, det var kjekt, men eg trur eg treng litt meir øving med malingsboksa...

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...