Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Destination: Krakow, Poland


In the end of August the staff of YWAM Skien went on our annual staff trip, and this year our destination was Krakow in Poland. (You might remember I wrote a brief recap of our trip there with the leaders of YWAM Norway in April.) 

I have been a terrible photographer the past months, and all I have to offer you from the trip is the view from our hostel kitchen where we gathered for breakfast, teaching and meetings. During our time together we met some of the locals - commited, radical Catholics with a successful ministry focused on Alpa course among the 200.000 students in the city. YWAM is currently not operating in Poland, but we got to hear the history from one of the ladies who pioneered YWAM in the 1980s. Who knows what the future will bring, but it looks like YWAM Skien will keep coming back to Krakow! 


 The art history student in me was very happy to be in this city of historic buildings, churches, museums  and art galleries. Britt Solveig and I walked the city, behind is you see the Juliusz Slowacki theater from 1893. I also got to see some Polish fine art from the 18th and 19th century, and it was good for my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...