Monday, March 14, 2011

ReStyle Monday: The Christmas tree


In Latvia I scored this amazing vintage cape for about 40 kr. When I saw it at the thrift store I just knew it was meant to be. But on closer inspection it just seemed like too much to bring home. I came back a couple of days later, tried it on and there wasnt a doubt: this HAD to be mine. The only problem was that it made me look like a character from a fairy tale, a wizard or a Christmas tree. For some people, that might be perfect, but its not exactly the look I am going for. 


When I came home I chopped of about 30 cm and the length is much more comfortable. I now have a piece of leftover fabric that is 4 meters long! 
Any suggestions for what I can use it for? 


The details include a huge collar and secret hidden pockets :) 
I still have left to hem it, but I just had to show off this catch (sorry about the poor quality webcam-pictures, it was the best I could do today)



And lastly: my happy face :)



Wearing:
Vintage cape, thrifted in Latvia
White t-shirt, dont remember
Plaid vest, thrifted in Latvia
Jeans, Gina Tricot

1 comment:

  1. Du e så flinke:) Eg har ein kjole/et telt liggande som eg skal sy inn til å bli den perfekte vår-blomster-gleda. Eg må berre finna ein symaskin først:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...