Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sew, sister, sew!

After days and days reading crafty blogs, I woke up this morning with an urge to sow. And so I did.

First I organized some of the fabric I have kept for years. I tried to get rid of some of it, but that was very hard. I don't like to throw things away, cause you never know what you might be able to use it for later. Here are some of my favorites:



In the cleaning process I found some inspirational treasures from my grandma's sewing stuff:




Then it was time to sew. First I hemmed I skirt I got at a 2nd hand store the other day. Great quality, but hideous mid-calf length. I took of almost half of it, and hopefully the other half can be turned into something pretty another day.



Next I found a t-shirt I made a long time ago, but never really wore. So I thought I would update it.The inspiration was this collar. But since my shirt was patterned, the result was much more subtle. Maybe so subtle it won't be noticed?


Here is closeup:




Finally, my last project was an apron. My mom said "Do you even use those?", to which I replied "Yes, every day while making dinner." I'm almost lost without one when I cook, and my mum has all these full ones, so I fold them in half to make them my preferred shape, this one:

It was a very good and productive day. One of my sisters joined my for some of the fun, but only got half way hemming a skirt. Perhaps not so efficient, but the company was great. Depending on the weather tomorrow I will either tan and read a book or sew. I don't know how successful sewing in the sun would be, but if my motivation its similar to today, that might be an option as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...