Thursday, January 21, 2016

January Cure #15 The linen closet



What a luxury it would be to have a whole closet to store linens! It might be more of an American idea, as I haven't seen them a lot here in Norway. For our family, the bedsheets go in a suitcase under the bed, towels in the bathroom, kitchen towels in a basket in the kitchen, tablecloths in a dresser in the living room and extra comforters and pillows in the "guest room"/loft. So, all over the place, but right where they need to be used, so I guess it is practical in its own way.

Today's task was to go through
- Towels & Washcloths
- Sheets, Pillowcases & Duvet Covers
- Comforters & Blankets
- Dishcloths & Tea Towels

Then paring down to what you really need. I just realized while re-reading the list that tablecloths are not included. In my case, they should be though. I have so many doilies and tablecloths, and could probably do fine with giving away a few.

For the other categories there wasn't much to do. A few towels was all that needed to go, otherwise I think we are doing pretty good in this department. I sorted through sets of sheets a few months ago, which made today's job easier. But after looking at linen on Pinterest and Etsy for a while now, I want to try it out, both for bed sheets and kitchen towels. Has anyone else tried it?

Linen tea towels by Varvara Linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...