Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fall Vegetable Soup


This post is dedicated to my friend Jae, who has asked for this recipe for a very long time. Really, it isnt a recipe at all, but here is one version of my vegetable soup, featuring everything I found in the fridge that day. If you only have potatoes, onion, and carrots, you can still make this soup, but I would suggest adding parsley root, parsnip, cabbage or other fall/root vegetables. It is the first time I have added chili to this kind of soup, and I am not quite sure it fits. If you like chili, you can try it, if not, skip it.

VEGETABLE SOUP
Makes 3-4 servings


- 1/2 leek
- 1/3 rutebege
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 3 small potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- Chili
- Bay leaf
- Vegetable stock



How to:
Cut all the vegetables in small pieces.
Boil about 1,5 liters of water, add the stock and bay leaf.
Let all the (except leek and chili) vegetables simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender.
Add leek and chili the last 5 minutes.

Serve hot with bread or flatbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...