Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hiking Årdalsåsen


Yesterday was a perfect fall day. The weather is still warm, so the ground was pretty dry, and the forest was golden and beautiful. My hiking partner and I decided to climb one of the 10 peaks (hah!) in the area, and chose Årdalsåsen in Porsgrunn because of the gapahuk/wooden tipi at the top.


This trip starts under the train tracks by Telemarksporten and continues to lead you into the forest. 


It was pretty with all the dry leaves on the ground, and lots of mushrooms I didnt dare to touch. 



We made it to the top, a whooping 258 meters above sea level, but the view is still great. This is a easy hike, with only a few steeper areas, so it is perfect for kids to join. 


Also, it was windy there!


We headed for shelter, lit a fire and had some coffee while we waited to cook our hotdogs. There is plenty of firewood inside the gapahuk, so there is no need to bring your own. 



This was only my fifth hike this season, so I have no ambition of completing the goal of 10. Of course, the goal is really to be outside in nature, so I hope I can enjoy at least a few more this fall. 

More info on the trip on Titoppern.no

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...