Friday, May 16, 2014

Do you yoga?


I have never liked to exercise. In school, gym was my least favorite subjects of all, and I never joined any sports related activities as a child. When I was around 12, and all my girlfriends played handball (yes, handball), I tried it twice, but didn´t like it, and never came back.

The only time in my life I have exercised on my own initiative was when I was a student in Oslo for a year (back in 2003-04, so incredibly long ago). Students got a super cheap gym deal, and I would swim in the pool before classes.

I do enjoy hikes in the forest, but without my own car it is a lot harder to get out and actually do it. But then I met Erin Motz. A couple of months ago I decided I really needed to start some kind of work out. I knew my body and soul would benefit a lot, but I wasn´t sure what could motivate me. A gym membership here is too much for me to afford right now, so I bought a yoga mat. 

Then I somehow stumbled upon Do you yoga and their 30 day yoga challenge.  I have tried a little pilates but didn´t know if I would like yoga. Well, it´s been 23 days with yoga now, and I look forward to it every day! That is a small revolution in my life... I think I like it a lot because the instructor makes it so easy to follow, even for complete beginners, and with no pressure to do the crazy poses.

There are only 7 days left of the challenge, but I might just do it all over again when I am done :)
Would you try yoga?

Oh, and I broke my stopshop goal with buying a new yoga outfit. Partly because I needed it, and partly for the motivational aspect of fun colored stretchy fabric. You can judge me if you´d like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...