Thursday, November 14, 2013

Potato and leek soup

I have been feeling a little under the weather the last days, and really wanted a good, hot soup for dinner. What I had in the fridge made a super easy, healthy and quick dinner.

Potato and leek soup
2 servings

1 leek
4 potatoes
1/2 rutabaga (kålrabi)
chicken/vegetable stock

Cut the leek and cook in butter or oil till soft.
Add the rest of the vegetables, cut in small pieces, and fry for a minute or two. Cover with water, add the stock and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, till the vegetables are tender.
Use a blender (I used my new one, yay!) to blend into a smooth soup. You can leave some chunks for texture if you prefer that.
I made the soup dairy free, but feel free to add cream, creme fraiche or sour cream.
Serve with fresh chives, and perhaps some bacon.

PS. This soup will be very green. Kids will love it or hate it I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...