Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Adopting holidays: Thanksgiving



Thanks to YWAM, this is the fourth year I have had an American roommate (and there will be MANY more to come). One of the great things of living in multicultural communities is learning new customs and culture traits. Celebrating Thanksgiving must be one of my favorite American adoptions.

This year, for the first time, my roommate and I have decided to make a complete Thanksgiving feast at our house. I have never celebrated in the States, not even in a home, but at a couple of different YWAM bases I have learned to love the food. The next couple of days will be spent preparing all the dishes, and I might be back with recipes a little later. It is only fitting that the American is in charge, so I am prepared to learn.

PS. Free Thanksgiving printables by Nest of Posies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...