Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Stop Shop Crisis

Keds, worn once, MIA.
New Minetonka moccasins.

My luggage has been missing for 11 days now, and I have to confess - I have been shopping. On my way back from Denver to Atlanta, AirTran (Yeah, I had never heard of them either. Not a good sign I guess...) failed to bring me my luggage. Fortunately, I had a hunch that it might happen, so I packed some extra clothes and my make-up in my carry-on. I guess I could have managed, doing laundry every other day, but I just wasn´t up for that, and I gave in. At least now I am thoroughly sick of shopping.

What I bought:
1 pair of moccasins
1 pair of flip flops
2 t-shirts
1 tank top
1 long sleeved shirt
1 cardigan
1 pajama shorts
socks
underwear
a set of earrings
bobby pins
hair ties

I also got a few things second hand at Goodwill here in Augusta:
1 dress
1 shirt
1 skirt

Outlet malls in Gatlinburg gave me good deals at least, and my insurance company has been very helpful, but I still would really like to get my stuff back. If I only could a few tiny little things back, I wouldn´t care about the rest. I know that´s not how it works, and I have learned my lesson of never checking something I would hate to part with, including my cell phone charger. And my camera charger/chords, which is the reason for only instagram photos on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...