Sunday, June 2, 2013

Strawberry cream popsicle


Summer is here! And in the heat it is perfect to cool down with some refreshing popsicles. I had some cream in the fridge, frozen strawberries, and a lime. After a quick search, this recipe seemed to be just perfect for what I had.

Strawberry cream popsicles
Makes 4

1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
2/3 cup cream + milk (I didnt have whole milk, so I used a little over a 1/3 cup cream and the rest with normal milk)
1 Tbsp agave nectar
some lime juice

Puree everything in a blender and freeze in popsicle moulds. Depending on your freezer, it might be 4 hours or more till they are done. I waited till the next day.

I really liked them, but for next time, I think I would do some small changes. They were a little tart, and could need some more sweetener. Also, they tasted a lot like cream, so I would have more fruit and less cream/milk.



Sadly, my blender seems to have died just a couple of days after this, and though it kinda worked as an emergency solution, I dont think a potato masher is the best way to go for smoothies in the future. A new one is therefore on my wish list!

I might have another genius tip for you, depending on your experience with homemade popsicles. Everyone knows you can just freeze juice/saft/lemonade, but did you try yogurt? Through my job I was given a rather large donation of flavored yogurt, and I had to get creative in how to use it all. Making popsicles proved to be part of the answer to that dilemma, and it is the easiest thing in the world: freeze yogurt in popsicle molds. Super easy, and tasted good. Actually, I think I will eat one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...