Sunday, June 30, 2013

Southern views


I have received requests of updates from my US travel, and feel like I have no choice but to comply. Above you can see the beautiful Savannah river, seen from the South Carolina border, where I had my first scary encounter with snakes! Cracker Barrel has the classic southern rocking chairs up front and full breakfasts with biscuits and gravy, grits, pancakes and everything else you could desire in the morning.



After a week and a half in Augusta, Mike and I drove up to Greenville, South Carolina where he went to college. It is a really pretty town, and we got to meet many of his friends. I also made friends with a real rabbit.



From Greenville we continued on to Charlotte/Monroe, North Carolina. We went there to see my DTS leaders. The last time I saw them was at their goodbye party in LA 7 years ago, so it was great to talk about old adventures, catch up and meet their family. And being in peach country, a giant peach seems like just the right thing to adorn the side of the road.

Right now I am in Denver, Colorado with good friends so stay tuned for  more pictures and updates.

PS. All pictures here from my instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I was wondering if you had been to a Cracker Barrel and this post answers that question. So....when I said on APW I'd love to meet you for coffee, it was *before* I had seen your blog. Now that I know your interests and see things we have in common (a surprising amount, actually!), I actually wish we lived in the same place and could be friends in person. Ah well. I have been though your town though! (Briefly while on a bus ride to a ski place.) But I was super excited to be in Ibsen's town, even if it was only in passing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...