Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent: He is coming

It is December 1st today! Soon Christmas, but first: Advent. I blogged about advent for YWAM Skien on our blog, but you can read my post here as well:


Image    Image
Tomorrow we start the great countdown for Christmas! During the darkest time of the year, almost everyone is excited for the fun, the lights, advent calenders (with gifts?) and many preparations for the holidays. In the midst of the business, do we stop to reflect on the reason for the celebration? We look forward to good food, time with family, days off and lots of presents, and even as Christians, it can be hard to focus on Jesus.
If you are anything like me, you need a good reminder once in a while. Now I would like to remind us, myself included, that this season can be a time to reflect on the coming of our King.
I found an advent devotional you can use to unwrap more of this amazing story of a mighty saviour, our God who humbled himself to come as a little baby boy for our sake. And as Christmas draws near, I hope we will be filled with more gratitude and joy!
Advent Devotional by Ann Voskamp.
I wish you a wonder-filled Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...