Thursday, September 13, 2012

Food = love


Those days when you want to eat chocolate for dinner... are probably the days you should eat vegetables. At least thats what I preach to myself after a long day at work and I feel uninspired to cook. And yes, this was one of those days!

I went to the grocery store without too much faith in my sense of self-restraint, but all the pretty fruit and vegetables at the entrance tricked me into filling my basket. And before I knew it, I had a plan. Well, half a plan anyways. When I came home I was reminded of a curry salad I had made a couple of times before, and decided to go for it. Normally I am not a dressing girl, but this one is actually good!

Here is what I ate:

Salad
Spinach
Grated carrot
Pork
Garlic
Leek

Other additions could be aragula, coriander, chicken, asparagus, bean sprouts etc

Dressing
Serves 2-3
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS sour cream
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp dried basil or 2 tsp fresh basil
1 tsp scallions, minced
1/4 tsp sea salt freshly ground pepper

Instructions
Whisk everything together.
Easy.
The original recipe used mayonnaise, but I dont really like it, and dont even have any in my house. sour cream is great substitute here.

Picture from A Cup of Jo. Do you want your own Food=Love print? Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...