Sunday, July 24, 2011

Home again

My vacation was good, but it is good to be home in my apartment in Skien. I think I am ready to go back to work now, and the short walking distance to the office is great in this rain... But today was spent organizing, moving things, hanging pictures and making curtains. Pictures will come soon.

One of the great things about getting a new place is house warming gifts!



This one came in the mail from Ane, a friend who has a store where she sells many of the beautiful, fun and practical things she makes. This pillowcase has a restyled shirt in the back and a vintage fabric in front (I assume this, since she mostly uses thrifted/vintage for her sewing projects, she is definitely a pro restyler, and because it reminds me of some curtains my mom had, only in blue). Plus, really cute rose earrings! Check out her blog and shop here for bow ties, make up bags, jewelry, watches and more. Ane and I ventured into the world of sewing when we were 14, and now she makes a living out of it. It has been fun to see her talent develop and admire her creative projects. If only we lived a little closer... Thank you so much Ane, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...