Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gypsy style


This is what I wore to work today. 
I work in an office and usually I sit in front of a computer or in meetings all day. 
Not today though.

After lunch, one of my co-workers comes over and says
"Do you have 10 minutes? Can you help me?"
Me: "Sure, what do you need help with?"
Him: "We just need to carry some things."
Im thinking "Uh-oh..."
Me: "Okay... what is it?"
Him: "Just some boxes."
Me: "I am not really dressed for this"
(Note: Ive NEVER worn a maxi skirt to work before)
Him: "No problem"

So we walk down the stairs, up the street and into a building where people are carrying lots of trash and loading it on a truck. Note: They are dressed for what they are doing. We come into the room where the boxes of garden furniture is stored. Mind you, this was not cheap stuff, but real, heavy wooden furniture. And I, I am wearing warm woolen mittens that gives you hardly any grip at all. As we carry boxes, chairs and tables down the walking street we get lots of strange looks, and I figure we look like: 

A) gypsies 
B) crooks  
C) homeless people
or if you have 1st hand experience with the work I am involved in on a daily basis you might guess
D) YWAMers (It is not the first time Im walking from one building to another with some random object in my hands.)

I think I will count this as todays workout. That stuff was HEAVY!


What I wore:

Vintage skirt, gift from a friend
T-shirt, H&M
Cardigan, Terranova
Vintage belt, thrifted
Black Dr.Martens shoes that give me blisters (not in the picture)




2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...