Monday, February 14, 2011

The great coffee cups of Norway

I wanted to share some illustrations from the book "Norsk, ikke sant?" by Jenny K. Blake. I can highly recommend it as it gives useful insight to Norwegian culture, both for us locals and everyone else interested in the most peaceful country in the world.

Study this closely...

Right there, in the top left corner.
 
I wonder what this is suppose to say about Skien. That we are ordinary? The opposite of everything Oslo is: urban, on the go, multi-cultural and fancy? That we dont go hiking, but just sit in our kitchens sipping black brew coffee from plain white porcelain cups from Porsgrunn Porselen? 

If this is right, should I be offended?
I dont think I can, since normal black coffee is my favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...