So, how did it go?
These were our goals:
- 7 visitors
- that someone we knew would come
- cover our expenses for the bow accessories we made
So we cleaned, sowed, put up posters everywhere, advertised on facebook, cleaned some more and organized the garage.
Then the day was here....
- over 20 visitors
- very popular "svele" (norwegian dessert pancake)
- covered our expenses, and more than that, but not by selling bows
- a family of four that we know came for svele,
but brought a lot more home than they came with
- dress up with some items we didn´t sell
- all in all a very cozy garage sale,
the sisters are all well pleased with their accomplishment
So I´ve been reading tons of inspirational and beautiful blogs lately. Many of them have great giveaways and I thought it would fun to try it. It´s better to give than to receive, right?
We didn´t sell as many of the bows as I had hoped for, but I can understand that they are not so appealing to 10 year old boys. But now YOU can have one for yourself or a girl you know. You can choose between a necklace, hair tie, hair pin, pin or large barrette in several different colors. Each one is handmade by vintage or newer scrap fabric. To win, enter a comment about your favorite thrift find, and by the end of the week I will choose two winners randomly.
Good luck, and good night!