Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall treat: Apple chips



Last night I had some girls over for a belated birthday celebration, and the day was spent in the kitchen, baking up a storm. As I was eating a wonderful late breakfast with my roommate, I noticed there were a lot of apples sitting in a bowl. We were discussing the menu for the night, which surprised me, as I would usually have thought everything through and gone shopping days in advance. That was not the fact this time, which gave room for some improvisation.

We already had banana bread, and my heart was set on a specific pie, so apple muffins didn´t get a vote. I was thinking it would be nice with a snack, and remembered trying apple chips just a week earlier. Recipes for it were all over the internet, it seemed easy enough, and suddenly we were making this sweet treat! My guests liked it too, and since it is super healthy, how can you not make this?

APPLE CHIPS

Ingredients
3 Apples
1 TBS Cinnamon
1 TBS Sugar
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
A pinch Salt

Heat your oven to 80-90 C.
You need to slice the apples super thin. This is difficult if you dont own a mandolin, but with a steady hand and sharp knife you will do alright.
Spread the apple slices on baking trays (this will fill two trays).
Mix the spices.
Sprinkle spice mix on apples and rub it in a little.
Cook the apples for half an hour, flip the slices and cook for another hour or so till they are crispy. Well, they might not get very crispy at all, depending on how thickly you sliced them, but they will still taste very good!

PS. I found the recipe here.

PPS. Recipe for pie and cookies will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...