Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Royalty?

Since I live in Princess street now, it was only fitting to read a biography of a member of royalty. The reason my choice fell upon the Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf can only be attributed to my dear book club. A scandalous book indeed, revealing secrets (?) about family ties to German Nazis and a never ending list of parties and women on the King´s side. Not a book I would personally choose, but it was interesting to read about his childhood and background. I am glad I was born in a normal family! And I have a feeling there will be an interesting debate about royalty, privacy and culture tonight as we gather with the book club for the last time before the summer starts.

Another observation: Reading in Swedish was a little challenging, and I may or may not have skipped some parts about Swedish laws.

And here is my very own balcony, a great place to read a book or two, and drink my morning coffee.




Chair and stool, flea markets
Side table, found
Flowers and jar vase, gifted
Book, tanum.no
String of pearls and bells, souvenir from Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...