Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A new job with a different kind of coffee break

This week I started my new job at a primary school. Those who read my newsletters know by now that I left Youth With a Mission before the summer, and was preparing to enter something new this fall. The job came to me a lot quicker than I thought it would, and I am incredibly grateful to not have to go job hunting for months from now!

My days so far have consisted of reading children's books, running around in the school yard, board games, and pretend tea/coffee parties. The last one has come towards the end of the day, when I desperately want a real, big cup of caffeine, and all I get is play dough mugs with beads...

Leaving YWAM probably hasn't sunk in yet. I attended parts of GOfest (the annual YWAM Norway festival) this past weekend, and it felt very strange to have people welcome me - I am supposed be the one welcoming people! With Mike still in the office I trust I will get a lot of updates on YWAM Skien's whereabouts, but with 8 years of investment in that place it is strange to not have any say in what goes on, or even be part of it at all.

So here's to a fall of new things! Good luck to you if you start school (again), have moved in with your spouse or started a new job. Change is good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...