Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wedding Garter DIY

For the wedding, I was not planning on wearing a garter, and certainly not do the garter toss - that would freak me out! It seemed like an annoying thing to wear and yet another thing to spend money on, but then one day I looked through my stash of ribbon and realized I had everything I needed to make my own.

You need: 
- Elastic lace
- Needle and thread, or sewing machine
- Measuring tape
- Embellishments: Use whatever you fancy, like ribbon, rhinestones,
beads, flowers, charms etc

This is one of the easiest things you can make for your wedding (easier than a DIY veil for example). The project took me about 20 minutes, including taking the pictures!


First, measure your thigh where you want your garter. 
Use measuring tape, or wrap the lace around your leg.

Sew the ends together, with either sewing machine or needle and thread. 
Now try it on to make sure its tight enough! Adjust if needed.


Find your embellishment and decide where you want it to go.


You can sew a small bow like me, and add your something blue.


An easy and cute garter that you can make yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Even I feel the same way, spending unnecessary money on garters is a waste. But I loved your idea of making wedding garters at home. This is amazing and most important its an easy process. Thanks for this wonderful post. I would love to read more tutorial on bridal garters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...