Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kindled reading interest


For being someone who loves both books and travel, I have been quite hesitant about e-readers. I just love the feeling of a book in my hand and turning the pages the old fashioned way. Mike on the other hand, embraces technology in a different way, and his Kindle is always with him. Since he is not into cufflinks and watches and other suggested wedding gifts for your groom, I figured a new Kindle would be perfect.
It was.


While we were in Athens on our honeymoon, we spent one afternoon in a book store looking at tons of books.There were so many pretty editions of classics, but our budget was limited and the weight of them would have been too much to bring. Though I must admit I bought three books on the trip, before we left the airport in Norway...

In USA, books loose their copyright if they are over 75 years old. I like a lot classics, so the fact that pages like Project Gutenberg lets you download these books for free is great news! Now that I have inherited Mike´s old Kindle, I have a lineup of books like "The Man in the Iron Mask", "The Journey to the Centre of the Earth" and "Les Miserables", just waiting to be read. And in the meantime it wont´t take up space on the shelf or room in a bag, win - win!


PS. A little travel tip for book lovers - Santorini has an amazing bookstore. It is located in Oia, and called Atlantis Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...