Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Words that make you think



Today I am thankful that I can read and write. Pretty basic, but during this writer's seminar I have been thinking of what I want to write about. Yes, I enjoy looking at pictures of pretty dresses and interesting interiors, but I can scroll through hundreds of them and not have anything to really take away with me. Some writers are different though, they are authors that make me read, pause, re-read and ponder the words on the page. Words that make me think, urge me to look at my own thoughts and actions with a critical eye, and hopefully spur me into action. I want to write like that too. Not to say I will stop posting about cooking or music, and maybe this idea isn't for my blog at all. 

Ann Voskamp is one of those that make me think, her blog is based on her life with her family on a farm. This is her goal for her writing, in her own words: "I keep writing it out here everyday, the words I am seeking to live — about this wondrously messy, everyday-holy life…. about slowing to see the sacred in the chaos, about finding the beauty and quiet." I can highly recommend her writing, if you want words that make you think. 



Picture source, found via Pennyweight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...