Monday, May 21, 2012

A beginners introduction to the life and art of Edvard Munch

"Solen" by Edvard Munch

I think I could write some sort of literary piece on Edvard Munch. In 2006 I took a university class on mr. Munch, and considering the amount of literature I read and the papers I wrote, I think I could compile at least a short article of sorts on this man´s life. If you are interested in art, you might be disappointed by this misleading title, the rest of you are probably fine with not spending your evening reading about this remarkable man, as this paragraph is all I will write on this subject.

Currently I am sitting outside the dining hall at Restenäs, one of the YWAM centers in Sweden. I am here  to attend a writer´s seminar by Janice Rogers. She is the sister of Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM (perhaps you remember when I met him, in this very place about 1,5 years ago?), and has co-written several of his books.

Part of our homework tonight was to think of our Writers Platform: what are topics we could write about? It can be something that interests you, you could be educated for it, or perhaps you are terrible at this subject and would be the best one to explain it to others who struggle as well. Well, I could write about Edvard Munch. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a note:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...